To ring in the New Year, the Monday Listicles at Northwest Mommy was to create a list of resolutions that you will never keep. I am not a big believer in resolutions — I much prefer creating a list of goals. Some may say that is semantics, but to me a goal is something you WANT to accomplish and resolution is something you feel you HAVE TO DO.
So here is my list of anti-resolutions for 2012.
1. Stress less – As much as I try to manage my stress I am sure I will get completely overwhelmed with my life and how much I have to do at least a handful of times this year.
2. Keep my office clean – Although I have been doing a better job of this in the last six months, it still becomes the dumping place for items that don’t have a home. When I have a big project or projects going on there is no hope in keeping it clean.
3. Drink less Diet Coke – My obsession with Diet Coke has resurfaced this year and I don’t see it going away any time soon.
4. Take on less school commitments – Even though I have turned down several requests from the PTA to take on a larger role, I am still on the Halloween Fest committee and I am Room Parent for Jack’s class. I am sure when Will starts preschool I will get involved there too.
5. Finally get our family videos onto DVDs – This has been on my goal list for the last four years, maybe by putting it on this list I will actually get it done (I am channeling George Costanza – do the opposite).
6. Keep my car cleaner – I have two kids and a dog, this will never happen.
7. Give up my evening sweets – I have something sweet after dinner most evenings, usually it isn’t big so I don’t have too much guilt. Cutting out sweets altogether doesn’t appear to be a realistic option.