I set out in 2011 to get more organized and complete projects that have been chronic occupants on my to-do list for years. While I succeeded at completing some of my goals, others I have not been addressed. Since I believe in making goals instead of resolutions I am hoping by laying out my 2012 goals here that I will be more accountable and finally get them completed this year. My goals for 2012 include:
- Make photo books of our family photos – I made one for our Disneyland trip and realized that I was making this project more difficult than it needs to be.
- Write the book about Jack – I really am going to complete the book this year. I got all of his medical records last year, so now I need to lock myself in a room and just do it.
- Continue to develop my photography skills – I am hoping to actually take a class or two this year to learn some new techniques.
- Try a new recipe every two weeks – I get stuck in recipe ruts periodically, so this way I can find some new ones for the rotation.
- Have a date night once a month – Jim and I always talk about wanting to do this, but haven’t really executed on it (it’s not as easy since most of our family lives out of state). So I am putting it out there.
I think that is a good list. I want to make it achievable, but also get things accomplished that I’ve wanted to do for some time.
What are your goals for the year?
I am participating in Mama Kat’s Writers Workshop this week.