I am feeling crazed like I am sure most of you are with Christmas week right around the corner. My friend Jenni loves to use the phrase “Oh, my heck” as a way of accentuating her stress. So in honor of Jenni here are my “Oh, my heck” stresses right now.
- There are only 27 days between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year, not even four full weeks. So much to do.
- Today is Will’s last full day of preschool, so it’s the last day I have to get any errands done without him.
- Family starts arriving on Friday. Yay, but lots to do still.
- Moving our elf every night. Who came up with this “fun” Idea? I forgot one night and Jack accused Will of touching the elf which removes his powers.
- Making sure no one slips up about Santa and stockings since Jack still really believes.
- Keeping Islay off of the counters and out of the tree.
- Working with Invisible Fence to fix the above, but it has required two trips to Mercer Island, many phone calls and an in-home visit, so far…
- Hiding all the gifts that are arriving each day.
- I haven’t even started the holiday baking yet.
- The movie theater will not call me back about Jim’s birthday “Anchorman” movie gathering.
Hopefully this week will go smoothly and I can all the things done I want to before everyone gets here. I want to be able to enjoy the time with friends and family.