In two weeks we are taking the boys to Disneyland for the first time. It is a surprise to the boys, so please don’t spill the beans if you see them between now and then. I haven’t been to Disneyland since 1997, so I am really excited too. They have added California Adventure and Downtown Disney since I have been there.
Here are the top 10 rides I am looking forward to taking the kids on.
1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – This is my favorite ride in the park. On my first visit we closed this ride down riding it about six times in a row.
2. Indiana Jones Adventure – Jack is just tall enough to meet the height requirement for this ride. It is really fun.
3. Pirates of the Caribbean – They are opening the refurbished ride about a week before we get there. The boys have seen the first movie, so it should be fun to take them on it.
4. Haunted Mansion – This is one of the all-time greats. The boys will love the end when the ghost is sitting in your car.
5. Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters – This one just looks super fun.
6. Finding Nemo Submarine – They redid the submarine ride to have the characters from Finding Nemo. One of our friends said this was her kids favorite.
7. Star Tours – Unfortunately Will is too short for this one, because he would love that there is a pod race in it now. Jack is going to love it.
8. Toy Story Mania – This looks like great fun.
9. Matterhorn Bobsleds – I am not sure if we will take Will on this one but I am hoping he will be OK, because the Yetti is fun to look for.
10. Sourin’ Over California – I am wondering how realistic this is.
The Cars area of the park will not be open when we are there, which is a big bummer. The boys would love that, so we will just have to come back.
What are your Disneyland favorites? Do you have any tips for us, must dos or can’t miss?